Tuesday, August 02, 2005

From the OETD (Oxford English Teacher's Dictionary)

Feeling: Over My Head Song: "Under Pressure" overwhelming (adj): the reality of having two weeks to unpack a house, create a classroom environment with very little technology and no budget, plan at least three weeks worth of lessons, create an inspiring syllabus, understand the psyche of the average American 7th grader, figure out where the faculty bathrooms are (more important than non-educators can realize) and find a decent recipe for valium (I mean, um, chocolate chip) cookies. Can you tell I had my first day of orientation today? Here's a picture of my job site: And here's our apartment: I'm sure you can figure out how close they are :) Happy Tuesday JRW

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger white rose said...

Thanks Katie :). That recipe sounds WONDERFUL and it's great to hear from you...I miss you and think of you often. I'd love to hear more about how you and Dan are doing :)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger white rose said...

Thanks for the encouragement, climbing :I. You have no idea what a difference it makes. You'll always have a place in the new apartment; Dad has the cave, I wonder what our place should be...any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home